My trip to New York began at 5:00 am. My father, Sal Maiorana and myself left with cups of coffee a bleary smile. The traffic ( for all those who are concerned or not) went along very well considering the time of day we were entering the city.I arrived in front of the consulate with a large bag full of paperwork at 10:00 for my 10:45 appointment. I was glad to be there early and was able to get a little interaction with the other applicants standing in front of the consulate waiting for their appointment slots. Most of the people were applying for much less complicated short term visas or transit visas.
It was a very confusing situation about every 10 minutes the security guard would come out and softly announce what time slot they were now taking applicants for. I along with 2 other ladies apparently were not outspoken enough and he came out and announced he was taking 11:00 appointments. Oh no we missed the boat was my first thought. The other 2 ladies were flight crew and were fairly bold, so after some apparent aggravation to the guard we were able to get in (I could tell it was the prayers).
After I got in you pay your fee and have your first checkpoint before there real deal. No problems there. Then I got to sit on the group W bench if you know what I mean until they called my #. I got up there and got going and it was looking like it was going pretty well, had everything i needed and pleanty of it, then we hit a slight snag the gentleman asked for some additonal paperwork that I didn't have but wasn't listed in the requirements on the websight. He asked how far the drive was when I said 4 hours he had pity and said I could mail it him and that he would call me to let me know that he received it and it was all good.

Downtown NYC driving, oh the fun!
After I finished up there and I knew exactly what I needed and he had everything he needed I headed out. Dad and Sal had found a parking spot down the street so they were right there when I was done. We then headed to Sals old stomping ground in LoLo (for the layman lower Manhattan). We went to the 17th street pier for lunch and a walk around Maiorana tour. We had some of the world famous Nathan's hot dogs for lunch and after a little walk we hit the road again. The traffic on the return was smooth as glass and we were back home by 5 pm.
On the 17th street Pier
So there and back again I have been. Thanks to all you who prayed for all to go smoothly.After I finished up there and I knew exactly what I needed and he had everything he needed I headed out. Dad and Sal had found a parking spot down the street so they were right there when I was done. We then headed to Sals old stomping ground in LoLo (for the layman lower Manhattan). We went to the 17th street pier for lunch and a walk around Maiorana tour. We had some of the world famous Nathan's hot dogs for lunch and after a little walk we hit the road again. The traffic on the return was smooth as glass and we were back home by 5 pm.

On the 17th street Pier
Prayer Requests: ~ I will be able to quickly get together the rest of the documents and that the gentlemen will be able to send it in then for approval.
~ The remaining 20% of my support will come in soon
~God will raise up team mates to help with the next term in France
No comments:
Post a Comment