Burnt Cake and Bastille Day
Today, is bastille day, pretty much the french 4th of July. Yesterday evening Macon had their fireworks and we had the fun of not knowing all day if they would have them as it was raining off and on all day. We had dinner with friends, a progressive dinner from the patio to the dining room to the patio again as the weatheher allowed. In the end though the weather was fairly clear and we were able we to go to the river and watched a nice show of fireworks. The most fun part was the ooo's and ahhh's of our friends little girl who was sitting on my lap.
In going to our friends it was our duty to bring desserts. I had decied to make a choclate cake which unfortunatly became a slightly burnt offering, I am too easily distracted when reading cookbooks. This morning when prowling around looking for breakfast I came across the cake and decided to do an experiment. I made french toast with slices of cake, which turned out to be a quite tasty experince, much better than the dry cake it was. So there you go next time you burn your cake, it is not lost from all usefulness, throw it in a little french toast batter and enjoy, just don't burn it this time too.
No comments:
Post a Comment