Monday, December 22, 2008

Cooking and Christmas

Suday was the chateau's open house. We had a fairly good turn out with forty-some people and 16 of those from the village. It was fun to see how many turned out and stayed through the end for our program with singing and the telling of the christmas story. It was a neat time to deepen relationships with friends from the church and the community.
This is the gingerbread house that our team made and decorated as a sample from which the kids could get ideas.

Here is the mass of kids and parents making gingerbread houses and going crazy with candy and frosting. 

Today I went to a guy from our churchs home to learn how to make christmas meat terrines. Here I am as we were assembling the terrines.
This is Michel the cook from whom I learned to make the terrines and hopefully I will be cooking with him again in the future.

No comments: