Saturday, November 28, 2009

A time to be thankful


It is sad that Thanksgiving isn't an international celebration of thankfulness but we came close this year as we hosted some friends thanksgiving weekend at the chateau. Friday was the cooking day preparing the 14 pies, 20 some side dishes and the 29 pound turkey for Saterday's festivities. In this picture is Nicole Plaster and Kathryn preparing the pie crusts.

Saturday morning in the kitchen was almost as exciting as Friday as the participants were eager to get involved in the cooking.


The presentation of the turkey by Rob Plaster


A late afternoon pie break after a few hour to digest the meal.
This year I think of all the things I am thankful for. For one the opportunity to live in France, it is such a beautiful country.
I am thankful for my great friend and co-worker Kathryn. We have had a lot of fun together and I have been really blessed to be able to spend the last 6 months living with her.

I am also thankful for the privilege I have had to serve God at the chateau. I have been so blessed to serve here.

No comments: