Yesterday was packing day, the day everyone was flying off into the sunset(or rain clouds as the case may be), some in different directions. The departure of the dc3 was/is weather dependent so due to rain, and the fact that closing up a fifth wheel takes longer then anyone plans or remembers we arrived at Bell Aviation, where the DC3 has been all week, and is the second home for kingdom air in South Carolina, for departure around 11. There were various friends there to see it off and they did one last test ride over the city with a group of passengers. Due to their late start Carolyn and I took off for the airport around 1:10 before they had returned from this warm up trip to check in for our flight to Oregon (leaving at 2:20) to visit the Kings daughter. We got checked in and headed back to sit at our gate after running the gauntlet of TSA. About 10 minutes after we got back to our gate I got a call from Dwayne that they couldn't find the certificate of registration anywhere. Now you must understand this is an oversized postcard but you can't fly without it. We had gotten it via express mail earlier in the week and we had talked about how we couldn't lose it then we proceeded to pack up everything we owned and now the question was where was it. I had no memory of putting it in a box or briefcase though we had several boxes of papers and paperwork.
We were talking though all the boxes it could be in when I thought of the "safe place" I have often been keeping things in my laptop sleeve. Sure enough there it was with me through, security, and flight boarding in 10 minutes. So one of the guys from bell jumped in his car raced around the airport to meet me at TSA and have a security agent carry that one piece of paper that I had almost taken off with in my carry on.
It is amazing how important in our world a single piece of paper can be the difference between grounding a plane and taking off. After running back up to the gate and sitting down I just kept thinking what might have happened if I had got on that plane with that sibgle piece of paper.
It is plain that "a man may plan his way but the Lord directs his steps". We had the details worked out for today to the nth degree but it still could have been grounded by the absence of one piece of paper, so too without God's hand in my life I cannot accomplish anything.
On another note we all made it safely to the destination of the day, Carolyn and I to Oregon and Dwayne and the crew made it to Thier stop on the Tennesse/ Kentucky line.
1 comment:
Rough day for all of you, yet the Lord had it under control all along. Praying for you as you start a new leg of your ministry.
Love, Aunt Peggy
Post a Comment