“I would have despaired if I had not believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord int the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27:13-14
Looking at the news and all that is going on the world around us it is easy to despair of ones usefulness and ability to make any difference at all that is going on in the world. It is easy to say there is nothing I can do about the gross overwhelming evil that is visible everywhere from the news, to entertainment, to our society. Yet even in this present age God has placed we as believers in the world as a light for Him, and as the darkness deepens so the contrast of a holy life will stand out. I am so encouraged by this verse, and the promise/ reminder that even in the darkest days yet I know I see/ and will continue to see God’s goodness.
As this world slides into the dark despair of living without hope for the future, we have the privilege to be Gods light, sharing the hope that is found in Christ alone. Let us be faithful to this call to be live the salt & light lives set apart to holiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment