Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Home of Mustard


I had to travel today to the home of good Mustard... Dijon, France. I had to have a medical visit there to get my residence card and while I was there I saw the french mustard haven. The Maille mustard store. As you can see they even have mustard on tap to fill up your jar.




This church is over 1000 years old being built in 1002 on the ruins on another church. I don't think my brain works well enough to think of being in a building that was built before the the continent of North America was discovered by Christpher Colombus. Think of all the kinds of people and situations this this bilding has seen.

I am such a foodie! I love that God made food, with its variety of flavors and rainbow of color. I think food is one of the only things that is appreciated by the 5 senses, and that is one of the reasons I can spend many an hour with a cookbook or in the kitchen.

"The qualities of an exceptional cook are akin to those of a successful tightrope walker: an abiding passion for the task, courage to go out on a limb and an impeccable sense of balance."

No comments: